Monday 26 April 2010

Accepted to GSoC!

Awesome! My summer of code application got accepted by SIP Communicator! It's going to be a hot summer!
In fact, the dev team decided that using environment specific password storage is not a such a good idea after all, and it would be much better to do something more generic. I agree, and in fact Java provides with the means to do so.
Since implementing only the generic password storage is clearly not enough for the whole summer, I'll also be doing another project, call recording. I really don't know much how to go about doing this right now, but I'm sure I'll think of something and it's always nice to learn something new like Java Media Framework API.
Right now however I'll concentrate on the password storage and try to accomplish that as soon as possible. First thing first, I should make and overview of the new requirements. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment