Friday 2 April 2010

SIP Communicator GSoC 2010 Application Part 1

The Overview

This year I decided to apply for Google Summer of Code and the organization I chose is SIP Communicator. It's a really good project with a great development team that is basically an universal IM that supports everything from MSN to IRC and Facebook. It's written in Java and uses Apache Felix OSGi implementation.
The project idea I want to work on is GnomeKeyring (since I use Gnome) for password storage. I've always been interested in security and this semester I'm taking a really good course on applied cryptography using Java, so it's a perfect thing for me.
All of my application related things will be in this blog because I find it more convenient to just give a link that points here and keep everything in one place. If I get accepted, then I will continue to post on my progress here.
In the next posts, I'm going to present the technical details of my application, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment